?May the Fourth? falls on a Sunday this year, so our Tampa office celebrated Star Wars Day early. No party is complete without food, fun, and drinks?and we had them all. Our developer Jon, who doubles as Nitro?s craft mixologist, created his own version of ?Yoda Soda.? You can find his recipe at the bottom of this post. [Trust us– you’ll want it!]
Our Star Wars Party menu consisted of ?Han?s Burger Sliders,? ?Leia Cinnamon Rolls,? ?Fruit Sabers,? ?Wookie Cookies,? ?Padawan Pasta Salad,? and of course, Jon?s now-famous ?Yoda Soda.?
Our party was complete with the series of Star Wars movies playing in the background, hand-made decorations, and light sabers.
Yes, you read that right?light sabers.
Only 367 days until next year?s party!
Nitro Yoda Soda
After a long day lifting X-wings out of swamps, the discriminating Jedi master relaxes with a refreshing Yoda Soda made from Lannik Sweat, Dagobah Swamp Juice, and Jedi Juniper Force Spirit. Unwind at home by following this recipe:
- Fill a glass with ice
- 1 oz Jedi Juniper Force Spirit
- 1.5 oz Lannik Sweat
- Top with Dagobah Swamp Juice
- 4 Persian cucumbers
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups filtered water
1. Chop or shred the cucumbers (a food processor is great for this)
2. Put the sugar and water in a small pot over high heat, stirring constantly, until it boils for one minute. Then immediately remove it from the heat– we want a simple syrup, not caramel.
3. Add the cucumber, stir to combine, and let it steep, covered, for 30 minutes.
4. Strain the syrup through a fine mesh to filter out the cucumber.
5. Place the syrup in the refrigerator to chill.
Dagobah Swamp Juice
Any green grapefruit soda (like Fresca) will do, but the best is Trader Joe’s Villa Italia Grapefruit Soda.
Jedi Juniper Force Spirit
The perfect gin for a Star Wars themed cocktail is, of course, St. George Spirit’s Botanivore Gin. Publix supermarkets carry it in their liquor stores, but if you can’t find it, Bombay Sapphire will suffice. Stay away from strongly flavored gins that could overpower the other ingredients.